We think every woman is a bombshell. Think about it. No matter what your day is like…throwing on a pair of heels, red lipstick and giving your tresses a tousle instantly lifts your spirits and makes that self-confidence soar.
Here are a few makeup tips and tricks for making you feel like a Bombshell every day of the week, not just when you’re smiling in front of our camera:
1) Start with a smooth canvas. We recommend using a light foundation or mineral powder like Rodan+Fields Mineral ENHANCEMENTS to give your skin a glowing, dewy, even tone.
2) Use hair tools. Whether you’re looking for a chic, straight ‘do or a more vamped up, glamorous look, we recommend using either a flatiron or hot rollers for Bombshell-worthy hair. If you’re using rollers, try to leave them in your hair as long as possible…even through getting dressed. The longer they’re in your hair, the better the curls will look…even if they’ve cooled. Also try to use a variety of roller sizes, that way you’re creating a variety of textures and curls. Before using any styling tools, spritz each section with hairspray, so the hold is firm and the hair is shiny.
3) Lacquering those luscious lips! To begin, use a nude lipstick to give your lips a basic shape and hint of color. Next, enhance your lip shape by using a lip pencil that is slightly darker than the nude lipstick to create more definition. Make sure to follow your lip line, but line JUST barely outside of your natural lip line. Use a lip brush to add more lip color to your full lip. If you want a more glossy look, add just a dab of gloss to the center of your lip.
4) Mastering the sizzling, smoky eye. First, use a shimmery dark eye pencil to line both the upper and lower lash lines. Using extra care, line the inner rims of each eye. We recommend starting small, then drawing out the line and thickening it to your satisfaction.
5) Bat those lengthy lashes! If you’re using fake lashes, ALWAYS apply those before using mascara. Once your lashes have been applied, apply 2 coats or so of mascara…enough to blend in with the false eyelashes, but not so much that they look like spider lashes!
6) Perfect arches. Well-defined brows give the face more character and structure. We recommend consulting with a brow specialist like BrowGal prior to tweezing them yourself. Do not overtweeze! There are a variety of pomades, pencils and powders for to perfect your brows, so don’t overlook this distinctive facial feature. Always match your brow shade to your hair’s base color. Blondes, however, should use a taupe to fill in brows.
Just follow these simple tips to go from drab to fab and perfect that every day pinup look!
The gals at Bombshell Creative